Hand Plane Thicknessing Jig With Micro Adjustment

Hand Plane Thicknesser Jig With Micro Adjustment

This jig is for creating precise and repeatable thicknesses when hand planing small stock

It has undergone many design changes to optimize its function and ease of use.


I liked the idea of adjustable height rather than using spacers or supports beneath the work piece and further adapted the idea to create a jig that uses micro adjustment to change the depth.









The current set of plans are designed for use with a common No. 4 hand plane with a width of 64mm or 2-1/2 inch. The design can easily be adapted to be used with other sizes of hand planes. My own Jig is adapted for use with a Vintage Stanley No4 dating around 1918 and it is a little wider than later models. I also use it with an antique wooden German Handplane that fits perfectly.

Here is a video of the jig being used. I also have a video showing construction detail on my YouTube channel.






Detailed plans are available at a cost of 7 Euros.

Simply use PayPal to send 7 Euros to my email address
thewoodyogi@gmail.com

Following payment I send the plans shortly after via email.

The Plans are metric.

The current plans are in the form of a 28 page PDF document with 63 images. Plus a set of 24 Individual detailed CAD drawings. I have not made them available as of yet due to some improvements I have been working on and plan to include

You can contact me with questions or possible suggestions for
design changes and improvements or regarding
purchasing a set of the downloadable plans.

------------------------------------------------------------  

SAMPLE IMAGES (Low Resolution)










 Namaste

Chris

The Wood Yogi